Move with jerky or exaggerated movements.‘Nicky came tittupping along in a rakish mood’
- ‘He tittupped on the spot and did a little rocking horse a couple of times, but I actually enjoyed it!’
- ‘Both look most delightful in their matching sets, especially when tittupping.’
- ‘Decked-out in plenitude of bling and leather, the models tittuped and slunk down the runway.’
- ‘But the crane can also be read, and was meant to be read, as a Parisienne tittuping along the streets in search of adventure.’
- ‘She has a wonderful habit, while trying to hide the escaped prisoner, of hitching up her skirt and tittuping across the stage in high heels.’
Late 17th century (as a noun): perhaps imitative of hoof-beats.