One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So why are men's magazines in Britain so largely devoted to a tittering schoolboy's understanding of life and laughter?’
- ‘One of the most successful film series in history, the recent announcement to complete the first three episodes in the six-part story sent geeks in every corner of the planet into a tittering frenzy.’
- ‘I did, however, see them tittering, shrieking, guffawing and hooting with laughter at the madcap slapstick that has become the trademark of these two spiky-haired, South Yorkshire clowns.’
- ‘I wasn't really in the mood for all that visualisation, and if anyone suggests I take energy from the earth, I have to stop myself tittering.’
- ‘She's joined by Jack, a brittle cube worker, and the tittering Bill.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.