One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The relationship between titratable acidity and malic acid was less obvious.’
- ‘Thus, it is reasonable to assume that the protonation of the titratable residues on the HA1 surface is mainly influenced by other residues of HA1 and that effects from HA2 domain may be negligible.’
- ‘We surmise that protonation of titratable residues of the HA1 domain at low pH enhances the electrostatic repulsion between the monomers of the globular domain and thus lowers the stability of their association.’
- ‘The sign and magnitude of the pK a shift of a particular titratable group is determined by the free energy to transfer it into the low-dielectric protein cavity, and by its interactions with polar residues in the protein.’
- ‘The only extra hydrogen bond that is formed involving titratable residues is between OG1 and OE2.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.