One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The person who is the current champion in a particular contest or sport; the title-holder.‘Johnson, the reigning titlist, is vying for what would be a historic seventh crown’
winner, title-holder, defending champion, gold medallistView synonyms
- ‘The two former world number ones and Grand Slam titlists had contrasting results in the semifinals.’
- ‘Five-time Grand Slam titlist Martina Hingis confirms her participation at an exhibition match during the Hobart International in January 2014.’
- ‘The younger challenger kept throwing quick combinations to the fading titlist, winning an important point down the stretch.’
- ‘Maria Sharapova lost her third round match at Italian Open to fellow former French Open titlist Ana Ivanovic.’
- ‘Both of last week's doubles titlists were playing their first event together.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.