One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Titles, captions, or subtitles added to something such as a book cover or video.
- ‘So with groups of capitals in titling and subheads, or with small capitals in the flow of text, it's important to separate these letters with extra space.’
- ‘Now Image Entertainment, by arrangement with the copyright holder, has made Midnight available on DVD using source material that has all the original titling and credits intact.’
- ‘However, a group of peasant men challenged the law putting titling in the woman's name, and Costa Rica's supreme court ruled that this was unconstitutional discrimination against men.’
- ‘One complaint about the disc itself; there seems to be an error in the titling.’
- ‘Fortunately, versions were found, but they are very washed-out dupes and although the English dialogue remains, all titling has been replaced with Spanish and Spanish sub-titles have been added.’
Type consisting only of capital letters and figures which are the full height of the type size.
nounNorthern English, Scottish
The meadow pipit.
Mid 16th century: from tit + -ling.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.