One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Titles, captions, or subtitles added to something such as a book cover or video.
- ‘So with groups of capitals in titling and subheads, or with small capitals in the flow of text, it's important to separate these letters with extra space.’
- ‘Fortunately, versions were found, but they are very washed-out dupes and although the English dialogue remains, all titling has been replaced with Spanish and Spanish sub-titles have been added.’
- ‘Now Image Entertainment, by arrangement with the copyright holder, has made Midnight available on DVD using source material that has all the original titling and credits intact.’
- ‘However, a group of peasant men challenged the law putting titling in the woman's name, and Costa Rica's supreme court ruled that this was unconstitutional discrimination against men.’
- ‘One complaint about the disc itself; there seems to be an error in the titling.’
Type consisting only of capital letters and figures which are the full height of the type size.
nounNorthern English, Scottish
The meadow pipit.
Mid 16th century: from tit + -ling.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.