One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A horizontal bar at the top of a window, bearing the name of the program and typically the name of the currently active document.
- ‘If you search different sites, on the web, you will see many websites that have their company name and home in the title bar.’
- ‘This information is usually displayed in the title bar of the window rendering the Web content, or otherwise made available on user request.’
- ‘The first item you should examine is the title bar on your homepage.’
- ‘Although you don't see the title directly on the Web page, it is what is displayed on the blue title bar of your browser window and also is what is displayed when somebody bookmarks your site.’
- ‘Customers will discover the ability to minimize a window to the system tray or the desktop edge, roll it up to the title bar, put a window on top and make it semi-transparent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.