One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pipit, especially the meadow pipit.
- ‘The Missouri titlark is the American bird which is most like the skylark of Europe.’
- ‘Here the titlarks were in extraordinary force, and I lingered about the spot for half an hour, awaiting the longspurs that might be hoped for in their company.’
- ‘The wrens mostly went about their business - whatever that might be - in a sharp, practical way, keeping silence; but the frail note of the titlarks sounded here, there, everywhere.’
- ‘Near me a titlark every few minutes rose from the sward, and spreading his wings came down aslant, singing with all his might.’
- ‘At the end of a fortnight two little titlarks came out of their shells, and the next day two more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.