One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The arousal of interest or excitement, especially through sexually suggestive images or words.‘a literary form of popular entertainment and titillation’‘sexual titillation’
- ‘The film is littered with scenes that exist only for the titillation of the male audience.’
- ‘Cheap tracts and single sheet broadsides fed an apparently insatiable popular appetite for novelty, sensation and titillation.’
- ‘Despite the vast amount of pseudo love-making taking place, the scenes raise nothing in the way of sexual titillation.’
- ‘Creating an aura of titillation will cause album sales to skyrocket.’
- ‘All of the shots have a voyeuristic purpose intended to satisfy the desire for titillation among television viewers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.