Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Arousing mild sexual excitement or interest; salacious:‘she let slip titillating details about her clients’‘then came a lot of titillating tabloid speculation’
sexually arousing, sexually exciting, sexually stimulating, provocative, salacious, lurid, sexy, sensual, erotic, pornographicView synonyms
- ‘Yet there is more here than just titillating visuals.’
- ‘In one of the book's most titillating revelations, she writes about engaging in sexual threesomes.’
- ‘In past albums the titillating message was overshadowed by a bouncy, girlish beat and image.’
- ‘I had heard strange, titillating details about Morrison's life, and wanted to voyeuristically experience them.’
- ‘Wrapped around the chat-show elements are snippets of supposedly adult education programmes and gratuitous shots of semi-nude women in titillating situations.’
- ‘Sure, crass commercialism has pushed the mainstream media into an obsession with titillating stories about celebrities.’
- ‘It is this that lends her mildly titillating fiction the veneer of importance.’
- ‘And everyone seems ever more determined to expose themselves, transforming titillating tales into their fifteen minutes of TV-chatter fame.’
- ‘The titillating details that have emerged about their four-month fling have also made the story irresistible.’
- ‘It's not an erotic, titillating scene, nor is it meant to be.’
- ‘What makes the movie intriguing (and worthy of this DVD series) is the love story, which is both titillating and sweet in spite of its inherent impropriety.’
- ‘While never titillating or exploitive, the love shared between Lana and Brandon is honest and very moving.’
- ‘The titillating subject brought the crowds in, no doubt, but the film is not really salacious.’
- ‘What is gained in the new photographs is something more titillating, however - a representation of love that transcends the physical and leaves more to the imagination.’
- ‘And users, many of whom are quick to express concerns about the porn on the net, aren't very forthcoming when you ask whether they're looking at titillating images.’
- ‘Whilst some may find this titillating we cannot but regard it with abhorrence.’
- ‘By the time that same child is 18 years old, approximately 40,000 sexually titillating scenes will have been viewed.’
- ‘As for the film being racy, raunchy or titillating, there's utterly nothing groundbreaking here.’
- ‘This is certainly the message that comes through in the titillating images of women as both vamp and virgin that dominate our film and television media.’
- ‘There's no voyeuristic, titillating side to the film.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.