One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A barn built to hold tithes paid in kind.
- ‘Prince Andrew has been a regular visitor to Yorkshire in recent times, most recently last month when he visited a restored tithe barn at Poppleton.’
- ‘The church was granted to the Augustinian abbey at Bristol in 1154, and the tithe barn was erected by Abbot Newland.’
- ‘Bradford on Avon is also home to a medieval tithe barn.’
- ‘A survey of 1538 describes a number of buildings on site including a huge tithe barn and a ‘house’.’
- ‘The property also includes an ancient stone tithe barn, dating from 1570.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.