One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white unreactive solid which occurs naturally as the mineral rutile and is used extensively as a white pigment.
Chemical formula: TiO₂
- ‘Sunblocks containing powdered titanium dioxide or zinc oxide dispersed in a base of petroleum jelly became available over 50 years ago.’
- ‘The most common prime pigment is titanium dioxide, a white pigment found in both oil and latex paints.’
- ‘So, photonic crystals are now typically made of insulating or semiconducting materials, such as titanium oxide, silicon dioxide, silicon, or gallium arsenide.’
- ‘Ecopaint is said to work because nitrogen oxide sticks to titanium dioxide and titanium dioxide absorbs heat.’
- ‘Compounds that protect against sun damage include such things as titanium dioxide, para amino benzoic acid, and benzyl cinnamate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.