One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for sphene
- ‘Secondary titanite, chlorite, white mica and pyrrhotite are abundant, and some samples contain metamorphic biotite.’
- ‘During obduction, mantle-derived magmas most likely evolved to granitic compositions by assimilation of sediments and by fractional crystallization of amphibole, feldspar, titanite and allanite.’
- ‘Magnetite, apatite, titanite and zircon make up the accessory minerals.’
- ‘Some calcareous veins contain epidote, titanite and apatite.’
- ‘Finer-grained titanite is also a common matrix mineral.’
Late 18th century: from titanium + -ite.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.