One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of rocks and minerals) containing or yielding titanium.
- ‘The invention relates generally to the art of extracting titanium from titaniferous materials.’
- ‘The mining of titaniferous ore has affected the region socially, ecologically and economically.’
- ‘Geochemical tests on iron samples from the Burmis titaniferous iron deposit were conducted in 1949 by Ottawa's Mineral Dressing and Process Metallurgy laboratory.’
- ‘Presently ilmenite is being won from titaniferous iron ore deposits in New York, Canada, Finland, and Norway.’
- ‘After the coarse calcite was replaced by fluorite, the titaniferous magnetite rims remain as partly martitized magnetite rims around the fluorite ore pods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.