One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of wishing for sleep or rest; weariness.‘tiredness overcame her and she fell into a deep slumber’‘depression and tiredness caused by overwork’
fatigue, weariness, exhaustion, prostration, overtiredness, collapse, jet lagView synonyms
- ‘I roused myself for the fireworks, but soon I was collapsing with tiredness again.’
- ‘Getting up in the mornings results in tiredness and ruins the pub.’
- ‘I have been drinking coffee this morning, so am not feeling my tiredness as I was yesterday.’
- ‘Filling up on fatty foods like meat and cheese added to feelings of tiredness and lethargy.’
- ‘As I already said, side effects I have experienced include headaches and constant tiredness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.