One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a person's nose) turned up at the tip.
- ‘With her tip-tilted nose and sheaf of brown hair, Mulgrew as Isolt even resembles John W. Waterhouse's Pre-Raphaelite paintings of mythic medieval heroines.’
- ‘One wonders whether he fathered his daughter Margaret or simply dreamed up this seraph with a tip-tilted nose as he portrayed her in Flamma Vestalis.’
- ‘She accepted with simple pleasure his conventional exclamations about her almond-shaped eyes, her tip-tilted nose, her smile that would ripen peaches on a garden wall.’
- ‘Long legs, slim hips, flashes of cheekbone through slash cut hair, tip-tilted noses and wolven eyes.’
- ‘It was impossible not to like the freckled girl with the tip-tilted nose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.