One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bracket fungus with a hard hoof-like upper surface, growing chiefly on birch and beech.Also called hoof fungus
- ‘If you happen to come across a big batch of tinder fungus you can use it as all-weather fuel.’
- ‘Both processes require tinder - some material like degraded wood or tinder fungus - to catch the spark and ignite.’
- ‘The fungus's other names include tinder fungus, for which it used to be used, and horse's hoof fungus.’
- ‘Several tinders can be used: dry moss tinder, shredded bark of juniper, the interior material of the true tinder fungus or the false tinder fungus.’
- ‘Alternately, you could use a piece of tinder fungus and the flint piece.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.