One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Timor or its people.‘the film provides viewers with a taste of Timorese culture’
- ‘Many Timorese advocates of independence did not give up, however.’
- ‘The council continues to play an important role in Timorese politics.’
- ‘With her family,she set up a cultural group to give performances of Timorese dance and theatre.’
- ‘She now runs a foundation which raises funds for improving maternal and child health for the Timorese people.’
- ‘The crocodile features in the Timorese creation myth, in which a child saved a baby crocodile that then allowed the child to ride it.’
A native or inhabitant of Timor, or a person of Timorese descent.‘the Timorese lined the streets and cheered us in’
- ‘From where we ate we could hear a group of young Timorese singing a heartfelt song to the strumming of a guitar.’
- ‘An estimated 40,000 Timorese were killed by occupation forces.’
- ‘Many Timorese believe that a fair boundary is necessary for the country to achieve full independence.’
- ‘A whole generation of Timorese grew up without learning Portuguese.’
- ‘Tetum is the national language and the local language spoken by the largest number of Timorese.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.