One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Timor or its people.‘the film provides viewers with a taste of Timorese culture’
- ‘With her family,she set up a cultural group to give performances of Timorese dance and theatre.’
- ‘The crocodile features in the Timorese creation myth, in which a child saved a baby crocodile that then allowed the child to ride it.’
- ‘Many Timorese advocates of independence did not give up, however.’
- ‘The council continues to play an important role in Timorese politics.’
- ‘She now runs a foundation which raises funds for improving maternal and child health for the Timorese people.’
A native or inhabitant of Timor, or a person of Timorese descent.‘the Timorese lined the streets and cheered us in’
- ‘An estimated 40,000 Timorese were killed by occupation forces.’
- ‘From where we ate we could hear a group of young Timorese singing a heartfelt song to the strumming of a guitar.’
- ‘Tetum is the national language and the local language spoken by the largest number of Timorese.’
- ‘A whole generation of Timorese grew up without learning Portuguese.’
- ‘Many Timorese believe that a fair boundary is necessary for the country to achieve full independence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.