One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small stocky pony of a breed originally from Timor, widely used on ranches in Australia.
- ‘Access to vehicles is very limited; most people travel by Timor pony or in dilapidated public buses.’
- ‘Despite the sheep, Timor ponies, rabbits and foxes, however, there is still a sense of the remote here.’
- ‘From 1803 onward, the increasing importation of the hardy Timor pony from Indonesia followed.’
- ‘These Timor ponies are eager, sure-footed and tireless, and possessed of considerable natural wisdom.’
- ‘The breed's ancestry is traced back to Timor ponies brought to the peninsula in the 1840's.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.