One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small stocky pony of a breed originally from Timor, widely used on ranches in Australia.
- ‘Despite the sheep, Timor ponies, rabbits and foxes, however, there is still a sense of the remote here.’
- ‘These Timor ponies are eager, sure-footed and tireless, and possessed of considerable natural wisdom.’
- ‘The breed's ancestry is traced back to Timor ponies brought to the peninsula in the 1840's.’
- ‘Access to vehicles is very limited; most people travel by Timor pony or in dilapidated public buses.’
- ‘From 1803 onward, the increasing importation of the hardy Timor pony from Indonesia followed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.