Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
In good time; sufficiently early.‘ensure timeous completion and posting of applications’
- ‘Relevant, sufficient, accurate and timeous data has to be collected to make informed decisions.’
- ‘This allows for early detection of trends and this in turn allows for timeous changes in health strategies.’
- ‘Justice must be done, but most crucially it must be timeous as well.’
- ‘The situation is one of farce but it is of your own making as you have been and still are unable to comply with the basis of providing a timeous supply of good quality material.’
- ‘I do not think that a more timeous pleading of the point would have altered the way in which the case has in fact been prepared for trial.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.