Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
In good time; sufficiently early.‘ensure timeous completion and posting of applications’
- ‘The situation is one of farce but it is of your own making as you have been and still are unable to comply with the basis of providing a timeous supply of good quality material.’
- ‘I do not think that a more timeous pleading of the point would have altered the way in which the case has in fact been prepared for trial.’
- ‘This allows for early detection of trends and this in turn allows for timeous changes in health strategies.’
- ‘Relevant, sufficient, accurate and timeous data has to be collected to make informed decisions.’
- ‘Justice must be done, but most crucially it must be timeous as well.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.