One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A graphical representation of a period of time, on which important events are marked.
- ‘It is illustrated with cartoons and offers the reader a few simple charts, plus a timeline at the end of each chapter.’
- ‘Throughout the planning period, give each presenter specific timelines regarding his or her presentation.’
- ‘The papers, produced by the Executive's lawyers, include a detailed timeline of events.’
- ‘We organized logistics such as meetings, timelines, deadlines, practices, and carpools.’
- ‘The addition of a timeline would have helped readers maintain their bearings.’
- ‘They divided up tasks and used their copious notes to follow the timeline of events.’
- ‘This is how the court can effectively monitor timelines and events.’
- ‘This time I wrote an enormous supporting document and embellished it with colour coded timelines, tables, schedules and diagrams.’
- ‘The timeline above lists only those events that made it to the international press.’
- ‘One of the most useful features of this book is the timeline of events following the last chapter.’
- ‘The vicious rumour persists to this day, even though the timeline of events completely negates this possibility.’
- ‘Both timelines converge at the end, when the movie reaches its powerful climax.’
- ‘When it comes to writing about the past, Val told Louise it's important to get the timelines of events right.’
- ‘The team generates goals, timelines, diagrams, process maps, ideas and features displayed for all to see.’
- ‘We need to blend a timeline of events in America with those in Australia too.’
- ‘This timeline contains some of the major events that affect Canadian biodiversity.’
- ‘It's full of maps, galleries, timelines and interactive segments.’
- ‘As a rule, a good specification also should use various organizational or equipment timelines as reference points.’
- ‘Producing such shows requires initial designs, then intricate plotting to determine growing timelines.’
- ‘She organized all this information into timelines and vast collections of files, which then became exhibits and books.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.