Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not affected by the passage of time or changes in fashion.‘antiques add to the timeless atmosphere of the dining room’
lasting, classic, enduring, ageless, permanent, perpetual, perennial, abiding, unfailing, unchanging, never-changing, changeless, unvarying, unfading, invariable, unending, without end, ceaseless, never dying, undying, deathless, immortal, eternal, everlasting, immutable, indestructible, imperishableView synonyms
- ‘It relates to timeless themes of the struggle between good and evil.’
- ‘Part of this is due to the timeless quality not only of his work but of his wisdom.’
- ‘The timeless appeal of his music remains as strong today as it did back then.’
- ‘This is Daniel at his very best, handling timeless favourites with consummate ease.’
- ‘The subject matter is timeless in that it could happen at any time.’
- ‘There may not be any huge hits here but maybe if you listen carefully enough you will find a timeless classic.’
- ‘It's a great and powerful and moving picture because it's timeless and borderless.’
- ‘This truly timeless Canadian classic is a piece of film to be seen again and again.’
- ‘These classic pieces are often timeless, never seem to go out of fashion and are easily adapted to the style of the season.’
- ‘It was crowned the nation's favourite fashion item above jeans and the timeless little black dress.’
- ‘Though it didn't have the mark of a timeless classic, I liked it and told her so.’
- ‘All the same, it offers ample evidence that both love and art are eternal, timeless themes.’
- ‘He always manages to make a girl look gorgeous in a timeless and classical way.’
- ‘Many visitors return year after year because of this timeless quality.’
- ‘It combines bewitching dancing and gorgeous music with a timeless story and what must be the best flying ever to grace a stage.’
- ‘Its timeless elegance is taking on new character with vibrant colours and tailored cuts.’
- ‘But what I am concerned about are the things that are timeless, regardless of the age that we live in.’
- ‘The movie went on to become a timeless classic, popular around the world.’
- ‘The effect is complete, a timeless story passed on to a new generation.’
- ‘It's a music that is timeless and forever hopeful that lies in the cracks between fashion and cult-dom.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.