One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An inefficient or unproductive activity, process, etc.; a waste of time.‘the Internet can be a colossal time suck’
- ‘Even blogging can turn into a time suckâmanaging time is very important.’
- ‘Whether writing content yourself or hiring writers, the process of idea generation, writing, editing, blogger outreach, social sharing (and on and on) is a massive time suck.’
- ‘The sheer availability of time-suck games, thanks to tablets and smartphones, makes them especially damaging.’
- ‘Since I rarely watch TV to watch TV, I don't see it as a time suck.’
- ‘A gym can also be a complete time suck.’
- ‘A large followee/following list can be a time suck.’
- ‘Three-quarters believe that the social network is a gigantic time suck.’
- ‘Between our busy lives and the time suck of social media, we've exchanged conversation for poorly worded emails and thumb-upping someone else's viral image.’
- ‘All the spam we get, it's a huge time suck.’
- ‘It mounts up into a major time suckâmy "let's tidy up my categories" idea turned into a job that took hours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.