Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A series of values of a quantity obtained at successive times, often with equal intervals between them:[as modifier] ‘time-series analysis’
- ‘The light line is an exponential, long-run trend line fitted to the time series by statistical regression.’
- ‘Some hoped to be able to predict time series of stock values in this way.’
- ‘The last chapters discuss interpolation and graduation, index numbers, and time series.’
- ‘The time series were obtained in four different experimental sessions.’
- ‘The statistical analysis of environmental time series has to take these points into account.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.