One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A transformation in which the passage of time, and so all velocities, are represented as reversed.
- ‘The time reversal would be apparent, however, when all the balls ended up in an ordered collection.’
- ‘Without a knowledge of quantum fluctuation, time reversal and solid light how could our society possibly exist?’
- ‘These interactions also behave differently under the individual space-time symmetries: charge conjugation, parity and time reversal.’
- ‘However, there is good data to show that redo reversals can have as high a success rate as first time reversals.’
- ‘For macroscopic systems, time reversal does not hold, but this is a consequence of its statistical improbability rather than of basic laws.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.