One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A transformation in which the passage of time, and so all velocities, are represented as reversed.
- ‘Without a knowledge of quantum fluctuation, time reversal and solid light how could our society possibly exist?’
- ‘For macroscopic systems, time reversal does not hold, but this is a consequence of its statistical improbability rather than of basic laws.’
- ‘These interactions also behave differently under the individual space-time symmetries: charge conjugation, parity and time reversal.’
- ‘However, there is good data to show that redo reversals can have as high a success rate as first time reversals.’
- ‘The time reversal would be apparent, however, when all the balls ended up in an ordered collection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.