One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A coded signal on videotape or film giving information about such things as frame number, time of recording, or exposure.
- ‘All of these are presented in non-anamorphic widescreen with time code on the bottom of the screen.’
- ‘I first wondered if the time code was missing from the videotape.’
- ‘During the opening of the movie, the time code says it is 1: 24 pm.’
- ‘Each frame of video is individually numbered (like frames on a roll of film) using time code, so the time codes from the offline edit are then used to do the online edit.’
- ‘The videotapes were dubbed onto tape with a visible time code with resolution to the frame.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.