Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Associated with time or with the length of time that something takes:‘many of the pressures they are under are time-related’‘time-related costs’
- ‘I'm celebrating this 'leap month' by bringing you a daily dose of time-related trivia, investigating how our calendar came to be.’
- ‘The truth is you can rationalize, plan and prepare as much as you like, but the reality is that having kids involves sacrifice, giving up other opportunities, both monetary and time-related.’
- ‘We know it's hard writing specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-related objectives but they are now absolutely essential.’
- ‘Its features - touch-screen, altimeter, thermometer, compass and the more usual time-related functions - were contained within a gleaming rivulet of Swiss style.’
- ‘Pay attention to planning to reduce time-related anxiety and crises.’
- ‘Try and manage your time and tasks to minimize time-related pressures.’
- ‘Since 1989 numerous studies have reported time-related increases in body temperature in women with epidurals.’
- ‘Time-related pressures could cause a high level of emotional excitement and agitation among employees.’
- ‘The inner clock surrounding Burning Man will become a large-scale gallery and performance space featuring time-related art.’
- ‘These resources were almost always time-related rather than monetary.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.