One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for treeline
- ‘Benton guided the paint around the scrub pine which marked the beginning of the timberline, careful to stay on the thin trail now under two inches of fresh snow.’
- ‘He and I go right, then circle back toward her slowly, arduously, along the timberline.’
- ‘Flowers were slightly more tubular at the timberline, where ants are more abundant.’
- ‘Trees at the alpine timberline were expected to exhibit a hydraulic architecture protecting the leader shoot from winter embolism.’
- ‘In winters with heavy snowfall, they will often move below the timberline.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.