One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A knot used in attaching a rope to a log or spar.
- ‘There are half hitches, clove hitches, timber hitches, and rolling hitches - all having a purpose.’
- ‘Then began two months of learning how to tie clove and timber hitches, square and diagonal lashings.’
- ‘Learn how to create bowlines, clove hitches and timber hitches.’
- ‘Demonstrate tying the timber hitch and clove hitch and their use in a square, shear, and diagonal lashing by joining 2 or more poles or staves together.’
- ‘Each patrol is to pull logs or similar items across a space or distance using a timber hitch with a single half hitch for fastening on to the log.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.