Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘From then on the local timber-getters and later settlers referred to the place as the Natural Bridge.’
- ‘This tramway was built by timber-getters to haul logs from the rainforest to Long Creek Mill.’
- ‘He has been a timber-getter and owned and operated Yallunda Flat Sawmill 1959-62.’
- ‘They were timber-getters and were seeking the giant cedar tress growing in the area.’
- ‘Hyndes’ land was acquired by John Brown, a hard working timber-getter, known as ‘Squire Brown’.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.