One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This tramway was built by timber-getters to haul logs from the rainforest to Long Creek Mill.’
- ‘Hyndes’ land was acquired by John Brown, a hard working timber-getter, known as ‘Squire Brown’.’
- ‘From then on the local timber-getters and later settlers referred to the place as the Natural Bridge.’
- ‘They were timber-getters and were seeking the giant cedar tress growing in the area.’
- ‘He has been a timber-getter and owned and operated Yallunda Flat Sawmill 1959-62.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.