One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sedimentary rock composed of compacted glacial till.
- ‘Both the tillite and the rock surface are demonstrably Pre-Cambrian.’
- ‘One of the classical Late Pre-Cambrian tillites is the Bigganjargga tillite of northern Norway.’
- ‘This isotopic shift is supported by the presence of Musgrave-derived boulders within the tillites that are associated with the rhythmites.’
- ‘He warned that not all poorly sorted rocks were true glacial tillites and thus were unreliable indicators of past climate and continental positioning.’
- ‘That tillites were found closely associated with carbonates was cited as additional evidence of huge fluctuations in global climates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.