Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
For an indefinitely long time.‘those two could talk till the cows came home’
- ‘And from then on, it's rock n’ roll and dancing till the cows come home.’
- ‘Why do we build them, maintain them, extend them, lovingly twiddle about with them till the cows come home?’
- ‘We could auction these 2200 jobs till the cows come home, but it will be totally futile.’
- ‘The debate on whether the death penalty must be abolished or not will go on till the cows come home.’
- ‘These players can claim they are Irish till the cows come home but does anyone believe them?’
- ‘Surely she can carry on losing first-round matches till the cows come home.’
- ‘We may disapprove till the cows come home, it won't alter that fact.’
- ‘But, if you want to come in and be a good boy and work well, I'll help you till the cows come home.’
- ‘Play it till the cows come home I say!’
- ‘I can micro-multi-task till the cows come home.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.