One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Forever.‘we'll be here till doomsday if you go blethering on’
- ‘We may sing songs about the sweet by and by, preach sermons and say prayers until doomsday, and he will never concern himself about us, if we don't wake anybody up.’
- ‘A golfer can visualize hitting a hole-in-one from now until doomsday without it ever happening.’
- ‘The frame is adjustable, and made to last until doomsday.’
- ‘If you reply to him, you will get another ‘nice’ letter and another and another, until doomsday or until he figures out your address and shows up on your doorstep.’
- ‘But I mean, again, we could be speculating from now until doomsday, but there are people who know and it would be appropriate for them to reveal to the world what's going on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.