One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
For as long as each of a couple live.‘to have and to hold, to love and to cherish, till death us do part’
- ‘God's blessing is bestowed on the couple's pledge of fidelity ‘till death us do part.’’
- ‘This promise to love, honor, and cherish till death us do part was precisely a recognition of our new state of unity.’
- ‘‘In sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part’: these are words spoken by grown-ups.’
- ‘But maybe players will realise that the idea of planning your possible divorce before vowing ‘till death us do part’ is a victory for pragmatism over romance.’
- ‘Christian marriage is almost defined in terms of loyalty: ‘to have and to hold… for richer, for poorer,… in sickness and in health,… till death us do part.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.