One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An African freshwater cichlid fish that has been widely introduced to many areas for food, such as St Peter's fish.
- ‘Whole fish such as tilapia are served hot off the grill and topped with tangy onion and tomato.’
- ‘The central part of this dish is tilapia, a fresh water fish with white flesh and a flaky texture.’
- ‘Hot off the grill, the tilapia was a whole fish, plump and meaty and perfectly cooked.’
- ‘Cheap tilapia is substituted for expensive swordfish, without warning.’
- ‘In Namibia two types of fresh water fish, the tilapia and catfish are farmed.’
Modern Latin, of unknown origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.