One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An African freshwater cichlid fish that has been widely introduced to many areas for food, such as St Peter's fish.
Tilapia and related genera, family Cichlidae: several species
- ‘Hot off the grill, the tilapia was a whole fish, plump and meaty and perfectly cooked.’
- ‘The central part of this dish is tilapia, a fresh water fish with white flesh and a flaky texture.’
- ‘Whole fish such as tilapia are served hot off the grill and topped with tangy onion and tomato.’
- ‘Cheap tilapia is substituted for expensive swordfish, without warning.’
- ‘In Namibia two types of fresh water fish, the tilapia and catfish are farmed.’
Modern Latin, of unknown origin.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.