One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- variant spelling of Tigray
A Semitic language spoken in Eritrea and adjoining parts of Sudan. It is not the language of Tigray, which is Tigrinya.
- ‘The Afro-Semitic languages in Eritrea are Tigre, Tigrinya, and Rashaida.’
- ‘To the north of the Tigrinya speakers live people who speak the closely related language known as Tigre.’
- ‘Nevertheless, the acceptance of Tigre as a language of instruction faces deep resistance.’
- ‘One-third of the Eritrean population speaks Tigre as a primary language.’
- ‘In the border areas with Sudan, however, Kunama speakers know three or four languages, including Arabic, Kunama, and Tigre and Tigrinya.’
The name in Tigre.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.