One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or practice of applying eyeliner in such a way as to fill in the spaces between the roots of the eyelashes.‘if you do tightlining right, it shouldn't look like you are wearing any eyeliner at all’
- ‘Whilst your eyes are dry, I would completely avoid tightlining as this will clog the glands where any nice tear fluid you are producing will come out.’
- ‘I'm sorry to say that contact-lens wearers might want to keep tightlining to a minimum.’
- ‘She looks like she used the "tightlining" technique on her peepers.’
- ‘Weepy eyes and an affinity for tightlining is a problematic combination: I’m always on the hunt for eyeliners that last.’
- ‘Tightlining is a simple trick used to create the illusion of thicker eyelashes and bigger eyes.’
- ‘Mascara is key for achieving luscious lashes, but tightlining, a method of applying eyeliner at the base of the lashes, does wonders for your beauty look.’
- ‘Sometimes called invisible eyeliner, tightlining is achieved when eyeliner is applied not above or below the lash line but on it.’
- ‘My lashes are too rubbish for mascara! I just make do with tightlining.’
- ‘The trick with tightlining is ensuring coverage on your waterline, aka the part of your eyelid that almost touches your eyeball itself.’
- ‘Tightlining is one of the best ways to create longer, fuller-looking lashes within seconds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.