One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Apply eyeliner to (the eyes) in such a way as to fill in the spaces between the roots of the eyelashes.‘tightlining your eyes is an easy way to give the illusion of fuller, darker lashes’
- ‘Instead of tight-lining the lower lid with a dark liner, try a nude or white color in this space before defining the lash line underneath.’
- ‘They both rocked deep lips and tightlined eyes for maximum red carpet glamour.’
- ‘Bonus points for tightlining the lower lid with white, ivory, nude or peach eyeliner to make 'em pop!’
- ‘If you haven't tried tightlining your eyes yet, get yourself in front of a mirror.’
- ‘When tightlining your eyes, try using a Q-Tip to lift up your eyelid to get easier access to your upper waterline with your liner.’
- ‘Tightline the upper lashline with a brown liquid or pencil liner, being careful to apply the liner into the root of the lash.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.