One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Apply eyeliner to (the eyes) in such a way as to fill in the spaces between the roots of the eyelashes.‘tightlining your eyes is an easy way to give the illusion of fuller, darker lashes’
- ‘When tightlining your eyes, try using a Q-Tip to lift up your eyelid to get easier access to your upper waterline with your liner.’
- ‘Tightline the upper lashline with a brown liquid or pencil liner, being careful to apply the liner into the root of the lash.’
- ‘If you haven't tried tightlining your eyes yet, get yourself in front of a mirror.’
- ‘Bonus points for tightlining the lower lid with white, ivory, nude or peach eyeliner to make 'em pop!’
- ‘They both rocked deep lips and tightlined eyes for maximum red carpet glamour.’
- ‘Instead of tight-lining the lower lid with a dark liner, try a nude or white color in this space before defining the lash line underneath.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.