One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The prop forward supporting the hooker on the opposite side of the scrum from the loose head.
- ‘Apart from the scrum, where tight head Gavin Kerr had a torrid afternoon against Sylvain Marconnet, they competed admirably.’
- ‘He suffered at first but ended up dominating the Ripon tight head.’
- ‘The 29-year-old tight head, however, has struggled to hold down a place in the national squad under Bernard Laporte and was forced to watch as France claimed the Six Nations Grand Slam earlier in the year.’
- ‘We came into the World Cup with two tight heads.’
- ‘The tight head is always going to be under the most pressure because against France and other top sides he is effectively scrummaging against two players, the loose head and hooker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.