One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A team of specialists in a particular field brought together to work on specific tasks.
- ‘And they came as part and parcel of the team, so-called tiger team, that accompanied Major General Miller.’
- ‘Not quite the "penetration test by a Microsoft tiger team" you predicted in the latest Crypto-Gram, but it's almost there…’
- ‘Under the direction of the tiger team, all 27 of the Scoutrockets already manufactured for the program were returned to LTV in Dallas to be taken apart and inspected.’
- ‘That's also why smart goverment agencies and companies hire tiger teams to try and break into their own systems.’
- ‘Baldwin also heads up damage control tiger teams and does random inspections throughout the ship for damage control discrepancies.’
- ‘Hunter's tiger team had anticipated this logistical nightmare.’
- ‘When the tiger team confirmed that the closings were all but certain, Dell moved into high gear.’
- ‘The tiger team of instructors and maintenance personnel evaluated each step of the emergency procedure to determine how it applied to the existing damage.’
- ‘The project ended up creating a tiger team to look at alternative approaches, and over the course of four weeks designed and started work on their own hybrid engine.’
- ‘Under the auspices of the DON IAWWG, three tiger teams are focusing on manpower and personnel; training and certification; and technological aspects of monitoring, tracking and reporting on the workforce.’
- ‘Part of the reason was the VA assigned "tiger teams" of clerical staff to process the oldest claims filed by the oldest veterans.’
- ‘(This has been demonstrated several times in the last few years, both with DoD tiger teams and with random teenagers.)’
- ‘The Air Force is standing up a "tiger team" to address three major air reserve component issues.’
- ‘In the 1970s, members of the U.S. military set up "tiger teams" or "red teams" with hotel rooms filled with communications equipment.’
- ‘And they had become a tiger team focused on a complicated problem a little closer to home.’
- ‘A "tiger team," composed of members from KSC's Engineering Division, the stage contractors, and Pacific Crane and Rigging, supervised the rush work.’
- ‘Soon, the whole thing will have been a penetration test by a Microsoft tiger team.’
- ‘We're able to do things smarter, but we've had a ' tiger team ' kind of effort for the last two to three years.’
- ‘Our future, if it is to include routine innovation and adaptation, must include staff designs that facilitate this teaming technique, rather than relying solely on ad hoc tiger teams.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.