Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An aggressive shark of warm seas, with dark vertical stripes on the body.
- ‘In Hawaii, the only known predator of adult balloonfish is the tiger shark.’
- ‘Three types of sharks are common in the area: the sand tiger shark, bull shark and scalloped hammerhead.’
- ‘The average tiger shark is about ten feet (three meters), but some can grow over 15 feet long.’
- ‘One hapless tourist was bitten by a tiger shark while swimming with dolphins out in deep water.’
- ‘My mind automatically classified it as a tiger shark.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.