One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large North American salamander that is blackish with yellow patches or stripes.
Ambystoma tigrinum, family Ambystomatidae
- ‘The Service published a final rule on September 21 listing the Santa Barbara County population of the California tiger salamander as endangered.’
- ‘Each name links to an information section with images and the status code; for example, the tiger salamander is on the Red List in danger.’
- ‘‘Leopard frogs, boreal toads, spotted frogs and tiger salamanders are experiencing serious declines’ he says.’
- ‘Another family, the Ambystomatidae occurs in the New World from Canada to central Mexico and includes the tiger salamander and the axolotl.’
- ‘The California tiger salamander is a large, stocky, terrestrial salamander with small eyes and a broad, rounded snout.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.