One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large North American salamander that is blackish with yellow patches or stripes.
Ambystoma tigrinum, family Ambystomatidae
- ‘Another family, the Ambystomatidae occurs in the New World from Canada to central Mexico and includes the tiger salamander and the axolotl.’
- ‘Each name links to an information section with images and the status code; for example, the tiger salamander is on the Red List in danger.’
- ‘The California tiger salamander is a large, stocky, terrestrial salamander with small eyes and a broad, rounded snout.’
- ‘‘Leopard frogs, boreal toads, spotted frogs and tiger salamanders are experiencing serious declines’ he says.’
- ‘The Service published a final rule on September 21 listing the Santa Barbara County population of the California tiger salamander as endangered.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.