One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stout moth which has boldly spotted and streaked wings and a hairy caterpillar (woolly bear).
Arctia and other genera, family Arctiidae: many species. See garden tiger
- ‘Others, like the tiger moth, hear the bat and emit a jamming signal in the ultrasonic frequency spectrum.’
- ‘Searching the Siberian hinterlands for a tiger moth that is surely extinct by now is his idea of fun.’
- ‘A tiger moth swooped down and brushed Anna with its dusty wings before gliding off into the distance.’
- ‘Consider the Isabella tiger moth, seen from coast to coast.’
- ‘For example tiger moths make a loud noise, perfectly within the bats' range of hearing and timed to be in between the bats' echolocation calls so that they are as unmistakeable as possible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.