Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tall Asian lily which has orange flowers spotted with black or purple.
- ‘We walked to the back of the garden, and once again, I found myself surrounded by my favorite flower, the tiger lily.’
- ‘I looked at my desk and saw a beautiful orange tiger lily, my favorite flower.’
- ‘The tiger lily has played a very important role in the development of the Asiatic hybrids and other lilies.’
- ‘Jordan reached out a hand tentatively to finger the large, vibrant tiger lily that lay amongst some greens in a small corsage box.’
- ‘My favorite flowers are tiger lilies and pink roses.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.