One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of aggressive predatory fish.
an edible fish of the Indo-Pacific (Therapon jarbua, family Theraponidae).
a large African characin, popular with anglers (Hydrocynus vittatus, family Characidae).
- ‘Fishing competitions for the country's most voracious predator, the tiger fish, are often held around this time of the year.’
- ‘Expeditions in pursuit of Atlantic blue marlin, Indian mahseer, tiger fish, Pacific salmon were the norm and what fantastic prize trips they were.’
- ‘So we took the wine and a tiger fish outside and cooked our meal under the stars.’
- ‘That night I caught three big tiger fish.’
- ‘The 20 lb tiger fish - which was almost four-and-a-half feet long - had been specially imported from Bangladesh for the attempt and was cooked in a huge pan.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.