One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of aggressive predatory fish.
- ‘That night I caught three big tiger fish.’
- ‘The 20 lb tiger fish - which was almost four-and-a-half feet long - had been specially imported from Bangladesh for the attempt and was cooked in a huge pan.’
- ‘Fishing competitions for the country's most voracious predator, the tiger fish, are often held around this time of the year.’
- ‘So we took the wine and a tiger fish outside and cooked our meal under the stars.’
- ‘Expeditions in pursuit of Atlantic blue marlin, Indian mahseer, tiger fish, Pacific salmon were the norm and what fantastic prize trips they were.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.