One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fast-running predatory beetle which has spotted or striped wing cases and flies in sunshine. The larvae live in tunnels from which they snatch passing insect prey.
- ‘Wilson briefly described a ‘waiting game’ between tiger beetles and their prey in which prey stopped moving when approached by the beetles.’
- ‘The Ohlone tiger beetle, an insect that exists only in Santa Cruz County, California, received final protection as an endangered species on October 3.’
- ‘This tiger beetle, a common element of the forest fauna, is one of the largest in Trinidad.’
- ‘As an adult, the tiger beetle is one of the top insect predators on the beach.’
- ‘It is unclear why the chiasmatic systems in other Coleoptera are evolutionarily less stable than the achiasmatic system in tiger beetles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.