One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A semi-precious yellowish-brown variety of quartz with a silky or chatoyant lustre, formed by replacement of crocidolite.
- ‘She had amazing fiery eyes amber, that reminded me of that stone, tiger's eye.’
- ‘The minerals in my set include fluorite, a very pretty piece of sodalite, and a nice piece of polished tiger eye.’
- ‘Charlie recognized it as the stone she wore around her neck; tiger eye.’
- ‘You will need a solar stone, such as citrine, yellow topaz, carnelian or yellow tiger's eye.’
- ‘This process of elimination continued until he was only left with his tiger's eye and his moonstone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.