One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in 16th- and 17th-century Spanish music) a contrapuntal piece resembling a ricercar, originally for strings and later for organ.
- ‘Is there something specific that is supposed to be included in the song for it to be considered a tiento?’
- ‘Musically, tientos and all flamenco songs employ a variety of challenging techniques.’
- ‘In this volume, which deals with tientos, he examines the meter, guitar playing, singing and dancing in this flamenco form.’
- ‘The tientos are ‘essays’ and the form is not that different from the Elizabethan fantasia, a sort of improvisation on a musical phrase obeying its own internal rules.’
- ‘Among his best pieces are tientos of great structural variety, glosas, and diferencias.’
Spanish, literally ‘touch, feel’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.