One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who has bought a ticket, especially for a sporting fixture or other event.
- ‘Season ticket holder Mike, who shares a name similar to a 1976 Saints legend, said: ‘I did this for a bit of a laugh.’’
- ‘If the winning ticket holder does not come forward today, the €1.6m jackpot will return to the Players' prize fund.’
- ‘Lottery spokesman Dennis Kennedy said they were ‘very comfortable’ that Mrs Jemison was the legitimate ticket holder.’
- ‘The ticket holder chose the winning numbers 10, 14, 31, 35, 40, 45 and a bonus ball of 26 for the draw on Saturday, February 17.’
- ‘In 1995, fans paid to reserve seats in the planned stadium and then sued, claiming that the team failed to keep its promise to assign seats based on a ticket holder's seating history.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.