[mass noun] Any bacterial or rickettsial fever transmitted by the bite of a tick.
- ‘In many areas of Africa, tick fever is prevalent.’
- ‘Some species can transmit Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, tularemia, and Colorado tick fever.’
- ‘An epidemic of tick fever in the late nineteenth century forced cattle raisers to seek public assistance in eradicating the disease.’
- ‘Another possibility is that Clark contracted tick fever, a zoonotic infection.’
- ‘‘My son has tick fever,’ Ben shouted to the crowd.’