Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any bacterial or rickettsial fever transmitted by the bite of a tick.
- ‘Some species can transmit Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, tularemia, and Colorado tick fever.’
- ‘Another possibility is that Clark contracted tick fever, a zoonotic infection.’
- ‘In many areas of Africa, tick fever is prevalent.’
- ‘‘My son has tick fever,’ Ben shouted to the crowd.’
- ‘An epidemic of tick fever in the late nineteenth century forced cattle raisers to seek public assistance in eradicating the disease.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.