One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any bacterial or rickettsial fever transmitted by the bite of a tick.
- ‘An epidemic of tick fever in the late nineteenth century forced cattle raisers to seek public assistance in eradicating the disease.’
- ‘‘My son has tick fever,’ Ben shouted to the crowd.’
- ‘Another possibility is that Clark contracted tick fever, a zoonotic infection.’
- ‘In many areas of Africa, tick fever is prevalent.’
- ‘Some species can transmit Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, tularemia, and Colorado tick fever.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.