One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for trigeminal neuralgia
- ‘Tic douloureux is among the most excruciating of pain syndromes seen in office practice.’
- ‘A California dentist reports the successful treatment of tic douloureux, an intensely painful affliction of the trigeminal nerve, which produces pain in the face.’
- ‘It will give relief for tic douloureux with active circulation to the head.’
- ‘The majority of patients with tic douloureux are successfully treated by pharmacotherapy.’
- ‘In 1756, a French physician, Nicholas Andre, named this condition tic douloureux, which means painful wince.’
Early 19th century: French, literally ‘painful tic’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.